Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pigs / monkeys, Friday

I could easily say that I'd wish for Sweden to limit on immigration but how could I? How could I when I've once heard a mothers cry at night when she worried for her relatives safety back home? How could I when I have once seen a child whose childhood got taken away from him when death presented itself at his doorstep? How could I when I know what it's like to leave everything behind and start over in a place that offers you peace and quiet, though the horrible memories will haunt you for as long as you live?

Yet, I can only imagine what these people have gone through. I may never fully understand what it's like to experience such things though I, myself came to Sweden all because of the war in Kosova in the early 90s.
I've seen how the amount of immigrants have increased throughout the years though I would not say it's a bad thing as Jimmie Åkesson (the leader of SD) would like to claim.
All these people come to Sweden for different reasons but they all have one thing in common: They want a life- a better one at that.

Surely, some immigrants commit crimes but how is that relevant? The only reason I mention it is because mr. Åkesson likes to use this as an excuse to his political views. Note that I don't call it a reason, but an excuse. I'd say there is a great difference between these two words.
But for arguements sake, let's say you feel let down by your best friend who you expected to be there for you at all times. You are most likely to turn your back on this friend when he disappoints you.
Now, let's say the system is your friend and it lets you down. Will you still be the same, lawful abiding citizen as you used to be though you expected so much in return? I'd say a let down would be the natural response but I bet you will claim you'd stay lawful and abiding which wouldn't surprise me the least bit. In fact, it would make me yawn. But the question is: Do you really mean it? I believe you have to be there to know it.
Let's go back to the system. Why oh why do I blame it on the system? How does it even get in the picture?
If you put three monkeys in a cage. Surely, they will act like monkeys. But what happens if you put two monkeys and a pig together in a cage? Will the monkeys still act like monkeys or will they interact with the pig? Sadly enough, we shall never find out. Areas such as Rosengård in Malmö and Tensta in Stockholm are over represented by immigrants. Still, I hear swedish people walk around saying: - Why do they live in our country if they're going to speak their language? That's unacceptable!

Firstly, you have no business telling anyone what language to speak. Freedom of speech involves language too, you know?
Not to mention, having all monkeys locked up in a cage all together will only result of them speaking their own language. How would it possibly include the language of a pig if there are no pigs to be found? Please tell me, how?

Another arguement mr. Åkesson likes to use is the crime rate. According to him, it's over represented by these monkeys. Monkeys steal, monkeys rape and monkeys even kill innocent pigs and they mean to tell us that it's in their fucking nature! Yeah right!! As if a pig would never commit a crime! For fuck sake, they even root in dirt! Pigs as monkeys and monkeys as pigs. Neither one is worse than the other. Both of them are capable of stealing, raping and killing so what does it matter what animal it is? It's the act and don't think nothing more or less!

The truth is, we're all animals and the sooner you realize it, the better. Stop lying to yourself and before blaming the monkey, look at yourself. Are you any better?
Finally, I do believe freedom of speech is great and is to be used. Even by mr. Åkesson who has opinions for which I despise but respect. However, this does not explain why 230 000 people voted for him Sepember 20. State of mind is no excuse by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment