Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Music, tuesday




If I don’t like a certain song I wont call it music. I will call it a sound. A kind of sound that's familiar to an alarm clock, perhaps a vacuum cleaner or a cry coming from a baby....NEW SCHOOL. I'll call it anything except music and if I hate the song I'll even call it noise.

Jazz, rock, house, dance, country, hip hop, metal, rap, r&b, blues, punk, techno, reggae, pop, dance hall, classics, reggaeton and oldies are only a few of the music genres there are. It's like every genre is a bag of heroin. Whichever u choose, it'll give u different feelings. Some better than others and other better than u thought and as long as they're in their places I'll know where to find my very own brand. Sometimes they’ll mix two genres together like rock and rap and it can be exciting. The song either becomes a hit or a big mistake. None of the artists wants to let their fans down (earn less money really) so it shouldn’t happen too often.


Still, in the music today.. all they seem to do is mix everything up and I'm not talking two genres but all of them put together and they make it into some kind of a pop song “garbage”, I call it and oddly enough people love that shit! It mostly involves some “R&b” artist starring some horny *rapper* who likes to call himself/herself a rock star and the background music is techno or some weird noise. The song itself, is about some lipgloss or socks like the world is that perfect. Not by far! If anything it got even worse.
Oh, and we cant forget about the auto tune. Sure, I can see why auto tune is useful to these new artists - THEY CANT SING! But when someone like Usher or Mariah Carey who has been around in the music industry for some time and can sing, when they go doing the same shit as these other clowns it gets annoying and very confusing so u try to figure out the most reasonable explanation to that. They probably sold their soul to the media which is far from reason. They want to be out there recognized and all that. So now everyone makes the same junk. Everyone sounds the same, nothing to compare anymore and there's no such thing as r&b, rock, soul etc etc. They're all put together. Well… isn’t that great.. It's like eating spaghetti with strawberry jam, YUMMI!


To me they're just a bunch of hopeless cases so in the end I can only blame the people. Why do you listen to this shit? Do you really like it? I bet those artists don't understand why you like their shit either. They're probably into the old school as well but hey ! They're getting paid right? Not that difficult to make a song that goes something like: “1,2,3 I wanna get wasted today” and if u can't sing, you can rap and if you cant do that either.... you can just talk with some moaning to it and you got what it takes! Lol, give me a break… all these artists were born with a silver spoon up their ass. Of course they don’t need to be talented. A person who is into all this junk, ask that person what type of music they're into! They’ll say “- Oh anything really.” Only because they don’t know what to call it! Insecure people..
I have so much to say about all this but to keep it short, I'll just say that if we wouldn’t have the old music still with us today, I'd say music doesn't exist anymore. Music used to be beautiful. It used to bring out feelings, be there as comfort, make u dance and now it has lost its meaning and its purpose to be here. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment